In Network Marketing the one thing you need is an ever-increasing warm market. How do you get that? You get it by first knowing how to work with your initial warm market. Then by knowing how to go beyond the warm market and create new warm market from the “cold zone”.
Although your current warm market could be one of your biggest assets for doing this, it is not your only asset. Knowing your resources and how to handle them correctly is a critical mlm business building skill. Let’s take a look.
FRIENDS & FAMILY
Almost always, the first recommendations and referrals you turn to are from people you know, usually friends and family . In other words, your initial “warm market.”
Not always the easiest, the warm list is a recommended place to start.
More than traditional brick-and-mortar business formats, more than online formulas, today’s network marketers aim to build a business that connects people and products together across many varied social strata and geographical boundaries — online melted these away a long time ago– and this new playing field dictates his or her activities.
And forces him or her to learn new skills and engage in new field activities like social media, blogging, webinars to name a few. Lots of networkers are using private messages, skype, and texting as well.
In essence, network marketing has gone digital and as a result you have a much bigger playing field than ever before in the history of network marketing.
However, one fundamental stayed the same and applies more than ever to the current marketplace: an MLM business must move past its initial warm market list as quickly as possible and develop a new warm market perpetually.
Those who are part of the more traditional warm list, including those not initially interested in your opportunities or products, will have to be countered or worked around in a professional and honest manner that does not push them away. And resources to reach out into the cold market needs to be developed and pursued. And one must learn the requisite skills to work that cold market, creating new warm market leads routinely.
The fundamental idea that one should never violate is, “Never burn the warm list bridge behind you!” And for good reason: warm market prospects remain one of the greatest resources for the growth of an MLM downline.
Family and friends who continue to respect you will give you referrals, be your customer and, when circumstances change in their lives, may actually say “yes” to your presentation one day.
FIVE MLM TRAINING TIPS
Here are five MLM training tips which apply not only to traditional warm market, but also to online “families” and circles of friends.
- Never insult someone for his or her decision not to participate with you in your business. They will close doors behind you that one day may have opened a pathway to someone who might have earned you a fortune in your downline. Remember, of the first 500 people who opted in to the Amway opportunity, 495 fell away in a short time, but the remaining five built a billion-dollar business by working together. Berating someone for their lack of interest is unprofessional and out of place.
- Be wise.”No” rarely means no forever. The brother who rejected you and your offers could lose his job. If you embarrassed him or showed him lack of human respect, not only will he not work with you, he will level the playing field by telling your friends about the “scam” he avoided when you offered it to him.
- Objections and critical gossiping about past failures and bad experiences can be powerful life lessons. The challenges, once overcome, make you stronger. Dealing with personal issues as they appear and relate to your business, fortifies your resolve if you look at them as opportunities. People trust the leader who sets a good example and wins the day. An unbroken trust establishes relationships which can lead to a lifetime of business growth.
- It’s all in the numbers, not the yeses or no’s. Some prospects reach out after one conversation, others take 10 — nine”no” answers yield a “yes” on the 10th call. The art and heart of networking is finding out exactly what prospects mean when they give you a “no.” Like the 9th call, understanding the true objection could open the door to the change for the better that rocks your business!
- Don’t bug them. If friend or family prospects clearly are not interested, move on. Get yourself in front of new people who might see your MLM business or product eye-to-eye. Satisfied customers are the new warm list, and they will bring you other people who want what they have.
SMART MLM LEADERS COMBINE TRADITIONAL & CUTTING EDGE TECHNIQUES
Warm-list marketing from the early days brought MLM as an industry to where it is today. It will always be an important part of the business. And today, MLM leaders use both the traditional and brand-new online warm markets as the first and last places they go to for expansion. While the landscape changes every day, the rules of common courtesy remain the same.
One of the key tools that we provide to help network marketers build their warm market from a cold market is Brilliant Prospector. Brilliant Prospector is both cutting edge and traditional all rolled up into one powerful tool.
As your leads arrive from your advertising to your landing pages, the system captures them and sends them to the heart of the platform – your CRM. Brilliant Prospector then shows the two key movies that remove objections: Brilliant Compensation and What the Wealthy Buy on Payday. Then, they’ll receive a series of emails educating and informing them on the power of network marketing.
Before you know it, you’ll be on the phone with them helping them to learn more about your business and products. It’s not only a complete CRM, but it is backing you up every step of the way, and it’s easy to use, time-efficient, and keeps you organized.
We offer a two-week free trial of the system. Not only will you put an end to the disorganization and confusion in your leads and prospects for yourself, but with the power of Brilliant Compensation and What the Wealthy Buy on Payday, you’ll put your recruiting into high gear.
Go take the system for a spin. You’ll be happy that you did.
Wishing You the Very Best,